Helpline Resource

Online and Automated Telephone Service

If you are eligible for Adult Home Help Services, or Home Help, you will receive money to hire a service provider to assist you with your daily living needs. The amount of money you receive each month is determined by your Department of Human Services worker after they have completed your needs assessment. Currently, the maximum amount a worker can approve you for is $333 a month. You can be approved for more than $333 in very special cases, by a Department of Human Services supervisor or by the main office in Lansing. This is called Expanded Home Help Services.
Your payment will be made jointly to you and your service provider and will be mailed to you. Your payment should be received during the first week of the month after services have been provided. You can hire and fire your own service providers. Some of the people you may hire as your service provider are friends, parents, brothers, sisters, neighbors, or you may choose to hire some one from an agency that could provide you with staffing assistance. The only people that can’t be paid for this service are your spouse or your parents if you are under the age of 18. Your service provider must complete a monthly listing of the services they provided.
If you have questions or would like additional information about Adult Home Help Services, you can call your local Department of Human Services office, visit them online at or call The Arc at 734-729-9100.
Phone code: 1318


Code 1318

Translate »