People with Disabilities

Those we help

I need an Advocate

The Arc Western Wayne County exists to advocate effectively for people with disabilities and their families so that they may participate fully in their community.

The Arc Western Wayne County provides individualized assistance to people with disabilities and their families to ensure they are obtaining appropriate services in the areas of education, housing, employment, family support, prevention and health care, case management, and recreation.

Please contact us at 734.729.9100 to speak with an advocate today!

 I need help with…

The Arc can provide one-on-one advocacy and information and referral on a wide variety of topics. These include but are not limited to:


Social Security Benefits

We can help you apply for benefits from The Social Security Administration. If you are already receiving benefits and need help managing your money or paying your bills, we can act as your Representative Payee. This means we can receive your Social Security benefits and make sure that all of your bills, especially rent, is paid in full and on time each month.



We can assist you in applying for Medicaid and can offer information on other programs and services through The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, such as Food Stamps  and Adult Home Help Services.


Mental Health Services

We can help you apply for services through The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network, such as staffing to help you in your home or in the community. Other services that may be available to you include help finding a job, transportation, therapies, and modifications to make your home accessible. If you are already receiving services and need help because you are not getting what you need, we can act as your advocate to make sure that the system is doing what they should be doing for you!



We can help you locate fun things to do in your community. We also sponsor dances several times throughout the year. For more information, go to upcoming events.

Translate »