You can apply for Supplemental Security Income or SSI by visiting or calling your local Social Security office and making an appointment to meet with a Social Security Representative. To find out the phone number or location of your local office, you can call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 or visit them online at www.ssa.gov.
You, your parent, advocate, guardian, children, or any other interested person can apply for SSI on your behalf. The Social Security Administration can also help you apply.
You will need the following information when you apply:
- your social security number or card;
- your birth certificate or other proof of age;
- information about the home in which you live, such as your mortgage, lease or landlord’s name;
- payroll slips, bank books, insurance policies, car registration, burial fund records, and other information about your assets and income;
- names, addresses, and telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals and clinics that have treated you; and
- proof that you are a US citizen.
You should apply for SSI even if you do not have all of the information necessary. The Social Security Administration can help you get whatever is needed.
If you have questions about applying for Supplemental Security Income, you can call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 or visit them online at www.ssa.gov.
Phone code: 1305