Online and Automated Telephone Service
Michigan Alliance for Families provides information, support and education to families of children and adults with disabilities from birth to age 26 who are in the educational system. The purpose of the project is to increase the involvement of families in their children’s education and the educational system in general.
This new approach to serving family members and young adults is based on the concept that everyone involved in education needs to have access to the same information, learning and leadership opportunities, yet be connected to each other.
This statewide initiative will achieve this through:
- an information, support, and resource center;
- regional sites that can more personally address families needs; and
- leadership, mentoring and support.
The work of the Michigan Alliance for Families is based on requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for the state to improve results for children with disabilities by helping families to:
- Know their rights; effectively communicate their children’s needs; and help the children develop and learn; and
- Facilitate parent involvement as a means of improving services and results for children with disabilities.
For more information, contact The Michigan Alliance for Families at 800-552-4821, or visit them online at www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org.
Phone code: 1280